The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- The acquisition and maintenance of GUESTS.
- Knowledgeable in food preparation, food safety, general hygiene, cost control, operating equipment, kitchen management.
- Coordinate mis-en-place, preparation / production and service of a la carte and buffet meals for breakfast / lunch / dinner service at correct quantities, in a fast, efficient sequence according to order or requirements.
- Ensure that all food stocks are kept securely and under the correct conditions applicable to each type of commodity stored.
- Control is maintained to ensure operating equipment is used properly and that all maintenance problems are timeously reported.
- Ensuring that all work areas and ancillary areas are maintained to a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene.
- Regular stock takes/checks are conducted and adequate security measures are maintained.
- Interacting with GUESTS to receive valuable feedback and thus being a salesperson, researcher and problem solver.
- Managing costs in regards to COS, receiving, requisitions and storage.
- To ensure the stipulated procedures, operational and administrative policies are in place and maintained.
- Maintaining checklists for hygiene, food preparation, stock control, portion control and any other area that could have checklists.
- Management of chef’s, cleaners and other kitchen STAFF.
- Create a departmental working environment focused on STAFF development and job fulfilment to achieve employee loyalty.
- Liaise with conference and banqueting coordinator and food & beverage manager on a regular basis to ensure smooth running of functions.
- Reviews purchases to revenue report ensuring stock levels maintained.
- Manages daily wastage and shrinkage.
- Responsible for all hygiene audit requirements.
The following are the requirements :-
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent required
- Formal Cookery Qualification with at least 5 years Hotel kitchen experience as a Senior Chef (working through the levels of the kitchen brigade) and 1 year food & beverage management experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Hotels minimum operating standards
- Must be fully literate and able to read and interpret recipes, procedures and communications.
- Excellent communication skills in English, verbal & written
- Have a vast knowledge regarding food safety and general hygiene.
- Ability to consistently apply skills and knowledge requirements of the job position in order to meet and exceed the Key Result Areas of the position.
- Must be GUEST service driven, extremely passionate for this industry, a TEAM player with a positive attitude
- Motivational, time management, planning and organizational skills are essential
- Self-disciplined & attention to detail
- Ability to work accurately under pressure
- Creative flair with the ability to think out of the box.
- Be competent enough to manage and apply the following: first-aid, an evacuation, fire prevention at work in conjunction with the health and safety committee.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Well groomed, presentable and professional manner.
Interested parties should discuss matter with their GM and forward application / CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than Friday, 07 December 2018.
Placements will be made in accordance with our Employment Equity Plan.
If you do not hear from us by Monday, 14 December 2018, please take your application as unsuccessful.