Mount Shekinah Country Hotel, located in the Midlands is looking for a reliable, passionate Executive Sous Chef to exhibit their culinary talents in the hotel’s kitchen. The successful candidate will oversee all activity in the kitchen, train personnel, plan menus, oversee product purchasing and manage culinary budget.
• Must have Matric.
• A formal Culinary qualification will be an advantage.
• Must have a minimum of 2/3 years’ experience within a similar position.
• Previous hotel experience essential to this role.
Duties include but not limited to:
• Assist and lead the day-to-day kitchen operations for the Hotel.
• Planning and directing food preparation and culinary activities.
• Modifying menus or create new ones that meet quality standards.
• Give prepared plates the “final touch.
• Menu Engineering – Recipe development and compliance based on market trends.
• Supervise kitchen staff’s activities.
• Assist with financial budgets for the kitchen department and to continually monitor monthly forecasts to ensure maximum profitability.
• Costings and cost control for all implemented menus, special menus and functions.
• Market related pricing research and recommendations.
• Ensure and manage staffing needs according to business levels.
• Inspect deliveries and be familiar with daily and monthly food consumption.
• Achieve maximum profitability and effectiveness whilst maintaining high standards.
• Ensure kitchen has adequate operating equipment.
• Ensure food segregation and stock rotation.
• Recording, monitoring and authorisation of all food purchases and issues.
• Implementation of individual development programmes and identify training needs.
• Monitor scheduled leave and assist with all Human Resources related functions.
• Monitor staff time and attendance.
• Ensure that Health and Safety Rules and Regulations are adhered to.
• Following up on guest complaints and provide constructive feedback.
• Ensure all staff practice personal hygiene.
• Ensure staff dress code is adhered to and all uniforms are in a good state.
• Ensure all staff follow equipment safety procedures at all times.
Candidate Attributes and skills:
• Must have excellent leadership skills.
• Computer literacy.
• Diligence and self-motivation.
• Presentation Skills.
• Professional personality.
• Willingness to learn and grow.
• Willingness/ability to share information and teach and inspire others
• Must have strong control and management skills
• Good planning and forward planning skills to meet deadlines.
• Ability to operate within a highly pressurized fast paced / changing environment.
Please forward and updated CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Potential candidate must reside
within or have accommodation in the Howick or surrounding areas.